Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cacti Fun


Tad won't ever let me buy plants for the house. He claims that I always forget to water them and that he ends up having to throw them out. The only plant that has managed to survive (for 2 years now!) is a lucky bamboo stick that we keep in a vase on our bathroom window. It's only alive, Tad claims, because he is the only one that waters it. So not true.

Well, a month ago we were at OSH and I noticed these super cute little cacti. Tad told me that I shouldn't get them because I would end up killing them. I, like a little child trying to convice her parent that she can be responsible, told him that I would for sure take care of them and that I've learned my lesson. He gave in, probably thinking that no one could possible kill a cactus, and I picked out 3 little ones. They were the perfect size to fit into my cute vintage mugs. Well guess what? They are still alive (thanks to not needing a ton of water) and thriving (do I sound like a Kaiser ad?)


Outfit Details:
Top- made by me! (Sewaholic Patter 1001)
Skirt- made by me! (Kwik Sew pattern 3877)
Tights- Target
Shoes- Urban Outfitters
Purse- Target
Necklace- Forever 21

Do you have any houseplants...that you manage to keep alive? I know I don't have a green thumb but I'm trying!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that skirt, what a fabulous color, and that purse is too adorable! Oh I wish I could keep houseplants, but I just don't have the patience or dedication for them :( One day....

Dana said...

Aww your cacti look so cute in their little mugs, I would love to get some plants and grow them in teacups, but I too am houseplant-challenged!

Jenn said...

Those are some awesomely adorable cacti! Love the mugs used to house them. I know I'd probably end up killing plant too because they won't remind me to water them the way a cat could annoy you to death until you fed them.

Odessa said...

i am so NOT a green thumb but i did manage to grow some potted plants in my little apartment. i just asked the man at the nursery which ones require the least maintenance and went from there. haha!

p.s. i love your necklace.