Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Goodbye 20's, Hello 30's

Big 3-0, I'm ready for you!

June is here and this month I will be turning 30. Wow...thirty. While thirty does sound a little old to me, I am not sad about it, nor do I feel that old (yet). These past few years have been amazing and I think the years ahead are going to be fanstatic!

When I was a little girl, I use to think about what I would be when I grew up, what kind of house I would live in, and of course, who I would marry- and now all that has happened! In the past 4 years, I've started my career, bought an adorable house that I love, and married my best friend.

So what's next? What now? Well, I'm not quite sure but I do know that I'm extrememly happy and in a good place with my life. I am enjoying every day- not only do I cherish the time I spend with my husband, family, and friends, but I am also discovering many new hobbies that I love.

As most people, I keep a running list in my head of what I want to do and where I want to go. Since I'm approaching a milestone birthday, I thought now would be a fun time to take a look at it in writing, and to see how many things I've checked off and what I still would like to do. So here it is...

Things I want to do:
- Swim with dolphins (maybe in Tahiti?!)
- Go on a hot-air balloon ride
- Take a Segway Tour
- Bike ride along Venice and Santa Monica
- Swim with (and pet) manatees
- Foster a dog
- Shark Cage Diving (maybe with great whites in South Africa?)
- White water rafting
- Surf in another country
- Hike Runyan Canyon
- Try paddle boarding
- Live in San Diego
- Do a triathalon
- Run a marathon
- Live in s surf town (Santa Barbara)
- Eat at French Laundry in Napa

Things I want to learn:
- Learn to surf 
- Take a sewing class
- Take a photography class
- Take a photoshop class
- Learn to snowboard
- Take Scuba Diving lessons
- Learn how to kitesurf
- Learn how to play the guitar
- Take a cake decorating class
- Take a letterpress class

Nearby places I want to visit:
- Griffith Park Observatory
- Pasadena Flea Market
- The Getty Center
- La Brea Tarpits
- MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art)
- The Whaley House
- The Huntington Library

Far away places I want to visit:
- Grand Canyon (again)
- Catalina Island
- Yosemite
- Disneyworld in Florida
- The pyramids in Egypt
- Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Macchu Picchu in Peru
- The Eiffel Tower (at night)
- Alcatraz in San Francisco
- Costa Rica’s rainforest
- Japan
- Santorini Island, Greece
- Spain
- Patagonia via Argentina
- Galapagos Islands
- Safari in South Africa
- Napa Valley
- Rome and Venice
- Hawaii
- New York (again- this time with Tad)

I'm sure I will continue to add to this list (and hopefully check things off) as time goes by.  What are some of the things you absolutely must do in your life? Do you have a running list in your head or do you have it written out?

2 comments:

Odessa said...

congrats on (almost) turning 30! believe me, it will only get better. :D

and what a list you have! your faraway places to visit are almost the same as mine. though you've been to more places than me. japan is on the top of my list right now.

Tammy said...

Thank you!!! I'm feeling positive about it too! =P