This weekend I celebrated my 30th birthday and had an awesome birthday weekend! My birthday isn't until Tuesday but it was nice to get to celebrate for a whole weekend :) I started off by making mini donuts for breakfast and then had an amazing weekend full of surprises and fun- all planned by my dear husband- he really is the best! We went on a plane ride, had dinner and drinks with friends, enjoyed a 1hr massage, visited the Huntington Library, watched a movie, and ate some really yummy cake.
|my best friend Sharon gave me this donut machine as a gift (we've been friends since grade school!) Buy here.|
|You can buy the donut mix but I made my batter from scratch.|
I took lots of pictures on my film camera so I have to wait until they are developed to post! Did you do something really fun over the weekend?
Donut Batter Recipe:
-5 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
1) Mix butter and sugar, and mix in egg.
2) Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg together.
3 Add dry ingredients alternately with milk
4) Pour batter into the donut maker and bake for 3-5 minutes
5) Once done, dip tops into melted butter, then sugar and cinnamon mixture
Chocolate Ganache Recipe:
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1) heat whipping cream in a saucepan until a light boil, stirring constantly
2) Once heated, remove pan from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until all melted
3) Refrigerates well for more uses later!