Friday, January 20, 2012

HANAair Blow Dryer Review!

Those of you that have been reading my blog for a while probably know that more often than not, my hair is in a ponytail. It's not that I don't like to wear my hair down, it's just that it require lots of time and energy. May hair is super thick, slightly wavy, and crazy frizzy. Blow drying my hair alone just won't cut it, I also have to straighten it after.

Uh, you're probably wondering why I'm telling you this? Well, a few weeks ago I was asked by Misikko to review one of their top selling products- the HANAair blow dryer by Hana. I excitedly agreed but was skeptical it would be any different from my current dyer. I've gone through many hair dryers in the past and they are all pretty much the same. However, even after the first time using the HANAair blow dryer I realized that this dryer is awesome!


I've used this blow dryer over the past few weeks and here are a few awesome things I love about it:
  1. The packaging. They sure know how to make a girl happy! My dryer came packed with loads of fun goodies, flowers, and a cute little monkey. Just opening this was a treat in itself!


2. When I lifted the dryer I was surprised to find how light it was and how sleek the handle felt in my hands. Also, unlike my current dryer, the cord is very long (making it easy for me to walk into the bedroom from the bathroom to watch TV while drying my hair =P )

3. This thing has power! I turned the switch to high and bam, this thing roared to life, which surprised me because it is so light and not very big. My hair is super thick and it usually takes me forever to dry my hair. With this blow dryer, it took me exactly 8 minutes, which for my hair is very quick.

4. Bye bye hair straightener. My hair is always still frizzy after I blow dry it and to wear it down, I have to then use a flat iron to get rid of the frizz. This is fine if I want to wear my hair stick straight but sometimes I want to keep the volume and natural curls in my hair, without the frizz. With the HANAair, I noticed that my hair was shiny and frizz-free after drying, and I didn't even have to take out my flat iron! LOVE the end result!

5. A couple other things: the cool button is really easy to press and is just as powerful; I also didn't get that "static-y"hair I sometimes get with other dryers.

6. The only con I could find with this blow dryer is that it is a bit pricey. However, you get what you pay for right? In the past few years I probably spent over $200 on hair dryers that didn't work nearly as well. I say go for it, it's worth the price!


Now, I just wanted to say that I am pretty bad at styling my hair. I have never been great at using the curling iron, braiding, or trying fun hair styles. When it comes to my hair, I'm pretty low maintenance but it's because I'm so bad at it. That's probably why you always see me with a ponytail. Now that wearing my hair down has become so much easier and quicker, you'll probably see me with my hair down more often!! Super excited!


Here's a photo of Tad- I had him test out the dryer too. Although he admits that he never really dries his hair with a dryer, he even noticed how high-powered it was!

Whew! I hoped I remembered to cover everything! This is my first time reviewing a product and I wanted to make sure I went into this with an open-mind, and without being biased. I hoped to write this review objectively and with pure honesty. I can honestly say that I was 100% happy with the HANAair blow dryer and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to buy a new hair dryer! Hmmm, now that I have an awesome new blow dryer, maybe it's time to invest in a new flat iron.....

1 comment:

kelli said...

great review! your hair sounds just like mine. i was always fussing with it and trying to make it straight. i've learned to deal with it and now i actually love it (never in a million years thought i'd say i love my hair!) it's super low maintenance and for once healthy so how can i not?!