Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lemon Sunshine


Finally! It feels like summer is approaching and all this sunshine has inspired me to make some refreshing, fruity, tarty, sunshin-ey lemon bars!


I'm not sure where this recipe came from but I've had it written down in my book for over 10 years now. It's still one of my favorite recipe to make because it's super easy and delicious.

Ingredients and directions:
For the crust:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) combine 2 cups flour, powdered sugar, and butter; gently pat into a 13x9 inch pan
3) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes

For the Filling:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
1) combine all the ingredients and after baking the crust for 25 minutes, pour this mixture over the crust and bake an additional 25 minutes.
2) allow to cool before cutting into bars
3) dust with additional powdered sugar
4) enjoy with a refreshing beverage!

** make sure to let cool completely before cutting- I was inpatient and cut mine before it was completely cooled and that's why it looks a little runny- but it was still yummy! If I can, I like to let it sit in the fridge for a few hours before cutting so it really sets and firms up**

Do you have a favorite summer treat? Share them with me in the comment below!

No comments: