Friday, March 2, 2012

Champagne Fruit!


I have a new favorite snack- champagne fruit! It was one of the things I made for my dessert night last week. I wanted my guests to have a "healthier" option for sweets and to jazz the fruit up, I mixed in a bit of yummy champagne and some honey.


Step 1: cut up your favorite fruit, choosing a variety of colors for a pretty presentation, into a bowl. I chose kiwi, orange, mango, pineapple, strawberry, and blueberry. (I used a little cookie/fruit cutter for the kiwi to make cute little "flowers").

Step 2: mix about 1/2 cup or champagne and 1/2 cup of honey in a bowl and microwave for about 40 seconds. It's a good idea to choose a yummy champagne you already like.


Step 3: pour the champagne-honey mixture over the fruit and toss to coat; chill in the refrigerator.

Step 4: serve in a cute cup and enjoy with a glass of champagne! Yum yum.


Not a bad way to get your daily serving of fruit in, right?

Have a great weekend! xoxo, Tammy

No comments: