Happy Thursday! I miss the last couple Awkward and Awesome Thursdays but I thought I'd start up again today. (The photo above was taken a while ago on my birthday weekend. I'm listening to an astronomy lecture at the library in the Huntington Library).
- While out surfing, I suddenly started thinking about sharks (hey, i just watched Shark Week!) and right then I felt something brush my toes and shrieked...loudly...then I realized that it was only seaweed.
- Removing my tights for dinner after work (it's always cold at work) then realizing that I didn't shave my legs...so I went to put my tights back on, only to find that I had made a run in it while taking it off. I seriously sat in the car for 5 minutes thinking what should I do? haha. I ended up just skipping the tights and hoping no one would notice my unshaven legs. Gross, I know.
- While altering a vintage dress, I accidentally made a wrong slit in the fabric so I ended up having to shorten it more than I would have liked to...but my husband said it's sexier now. Hmmm...not sure that this vintage dress is suppose to look sexy...but I'll have to make it work!
- Going to a karaoke bar with friends. And singing. You see, I can't carry a tune for the life of me and my voice is terrible! I use to be one of those that either had to be really drunk to sing or just sat there singing silently. Well, I got over that and stopped being so self conscious- it's so fun! Tad on the other hand is not shy at all.
- When calling my husband a guy picked up and I said "Hi babe!" and he replies, "Hey what's going on?" and then I realized it didn't sound like my husband and when I checked the #, I had dialed it wrong. I wasn't sure what to say so I just hung up!
- While paying a parking a meter, an old man stopped and told me that he alway loves it when a woman dresses up and then he actually thanked me! I told him thank you and that I try! It didn't come out sleezy at all and I took it as a true compliment.
- Having happy hour with my co-workers. So much fun and we decided that we were going to try to do it every 2 weeks.
- Getting these shoes in the mail and having them fit so comfortably!
- Reaching my first 100 posts! When I started blogging last April, I didn't realize how much fun it was going to be. Thank you all so much for reading and commenting, I really love knowing other people are enjoying my blog.